What's on My Food?

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Great rain day...time for soup

We got about 1" of rain today. It started around 2 am and continued through the morning. I took my daily walk in a nice soft rain. It was heaven. Everything is green and cool.

So, when I got home I made a grocery list for vegetable beef soup. Usually I leave the beef out but a neighbor is recovering from an illness and needs some beef. I throw in new potatoes, organic carrots, green beans, parsley, onions, celery (use the hearts and leaves...so much flavor). Put a can of black beans or pinto beans (drained and rinsed). Put all this into organic vegetable broth or beef broth. I had leftover rice from the night before so that went in too. Open a can of crushed tomatoes or better yet, use fresh. I thru in some oregano, salt and pepper. Oh, about a cup of red wine really tops it off...put it in the soup! Then have one with dinner. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment