What's on My Food?

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Today is Your Day...

Hi Boys and Girls!
OK, today is football, movies for the kids, playing with new gadgets or texting...certainly texting...what day does not go by that a tween is not glued to their phone?

But today you can have a little luxury. This 30 minute time out will take you away from routine and bring you back energized. I am talking about an herbal soaking bath commonly known as bath salts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salts

Pamper yourself with ordinary Epsom salts and maybe some herbs or oils. If you do not have any herbs or oils at least use Epsom salts which is found in any drug store. Bath salts will turn your practical bath into a luxurious, relaxing time out bath.

Here is a simple recipe:
for 1 cup bath salts

1/3 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup sea salt
1/3 cup baking soda
15-20 drops essential oil (lavender, rosewood or sandalwood as an example.)
In a large bowl, mix together the salts and soda.
Using an eyedropper, add the oils to the salt mixture and stir to combine.
Store in clean mason jars with tight-fitting lids to keep salts dry and free-flowing.
Use about 1 tablespoon of salts per bath. Add to bath directly under running tap or hang them in a bath bag from the faucet. Use warm water, not hot. (I use rather hot water, my taste.)
Your skin will be more receptive to the healing powers of the bath additive if the wter is not hot, and the essential oils will retain their effectiveness longer. Courtesy of Gifts for Herb Lovers.


If you want a very luxuriuous treat and are willing to spend $$ on yourself, buy leCamptoir de Famile. My favorite is Passiflore (Passion flower). This is distributed in botiques and specialty shops. It is absolutely Heavenly. I have not been able to find it anywhere. However, Tuesday Morning has a nice selection of bath salts.http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/indexCatalogOn.asp Maybe there is one in your neck of the woods.

So, while Roberto is working in the yard and I decide to take a soak. I fire up
Nora Jones The Fall on my iPod. Light a candle and start the bath. No cats allowed. Oh how could I be so cruel??

Another key ingredient to my special soak is a nice cup of tea.
My sweet brother Bill gifted me with a Tazo gift box from Starbucks. For my soaking, I chose Passion. It seemed to go along with the Passiflore salts. This tea is so good I do not miss coffee...Really! http://www.starbucksstore.com/products/shprodli.asp?DeptNo=8100&ClassNo=0027




So, this is my tip for today...be good to yourself!

Until next time, make time for yourself...all it takes is 30 minutes. The roar of the jungle will be waiting for you. In fact, I am sure you will faintly hear the pounding on the bathroom door..."Mommmmm! When are you coming out??"

No comments:

Post a Comment